tinnitus & hyperacusis Therapy Programme
Discover Affordable Tinnitus & Hyperacusis Therapy Sessions Starting at £60
Overcome tinnitus, hyperacusis, and misophonia challenges with our affordable, adaptable, and dynamic therapy sessions. For most individuals, an initial examination followed by 14 sessions is sufficient to address their concerns. However, treatment duration varies depending on symptom severity, with severe cases requiring up to 30 sessions, and moderate cases benefiting from a six-session initial examination.
Our therapy aims to foster new perspectives on tinnitus and specific noises associated with hyperacusis and misophonia, thereby reducing emotional distress and allowing these perceptions to fade into the background. Therapy sessions involve:
- Exploring links between tinnitus, hyperacusis, misophonia-related distress, and hearing loss.
- Assessing connections between tinnitus/hyperacusis/misophonia-related distress and anxiety disorders.
- Providing in-depth information on the root causes of tinnitus/hyperacusis/misophonia-related distress and alleviation methods.
Patients undergo behavioral experiments, maintain diaries of tinnitus-related emotions, and receive detailed treatment progress reports with personalized recommendations. Post-treatment benefits include:
- Increased self-confidence and reduced bother from tinnitus, hyperacusis, or misophonia.
- Enhanced support and understanding of tinnitus, hyperacusis, and misophonia development.
- Improved communication skills and coping abilities in challenging environments.
- Effective ear protection strategies and increased self-assurance in managing symptoms independently.
Our tinnitus team’s evaluation of over 2,500 patients revealed significant reductions in tinnitus loudness, handicap, sleeplessness, and hyperacusis handicap. Furthermore, significant improvements were observed in anxiety and depression symptoms associated with tinnitus. Patients with abnormal scores on psychological questionnaires were referred for further assessments and treatments.
While audiologist-administered CBT significantly improved self-reported measures of tinnitus, hyperacusis handicap, and sleeplessness, it is crucial to note that symptoms of OCD and panic disorders may require specialized interventions from mental health professionals.
These studies found that audiologist-administered CBT improved self-reported indices of tinnitus, hyperacusis handicap, and sleeplessness significantly.