The Tinnitus & Hyperacusis assessment appointment is priced at £119.
At your first appointment, the specialist will assess the severity of your symptoms and create a tailored rehabilitation program for you. This appointment typically lasts 90 minutes and can be done over the phone (via Zoom or Skype) or in person at a clinic.
During the appointment, the specialist will conduct an in-depth interview to understand how tinnitus/hyperacusis/misophonia affects your daily life and mood, as well as the underlying causes that are limiting your quality of life. If necessary, the information gathered from the interview will be combined with data from surveys to develop a treatment plan.
The initial consultation may be all that is required for certain patients. The initial appointment (at the paediatric clinic) is the most instructive in terms of assisting patients and parents in understanding how to proceed.
The following tasks will be completed during the initial consultation: (Please note that these will be taken based on the clinical judgement of the therapist).
- A complete medical and audiological history is essential.
- A history of mental illness.
- An evaluation of tinnitus’s impact on your life.
- Determine the volume and unpleasantness of tinnitus.
- Hyperacusis evaluation
- Diagnosis of misophonia.
- Sleep disturbances are caused by tinnitus.
- Tinnitus, hyperacusis, noise sensitivity, and misophonia-related anxiety and depression assessment.
- Investigating the psychological effects of tinnitus and hyperacusis.
- Brief instruction and counselling to help you better understand how to handle and cope with your situation.
- You will be given specific instructions on how to proceed, including whether to enrol in the therapy, be referred to other medical specialists, or be dismissed.
- All patients will receive a detailed report on the findings of the initial consultation, along with treatment recommendations or referrals to other specialists.
- When necessary, patients will be sent to appropriate services for a physical examination or tests.